A fire broke out at the Grand Hyatt Hotel this morning. The fire was reportedly caused by a kitchen stove and a kitchen exhaust duct in a restaurant on the 2nd floor of the building. 

People could see thick smoke billowing from the hotel at around 11.30am. The SCDF was activated and as many as 500 people were evacuated to safety. 

Fortunately, there were reportedly no injuries. Drivers also had to avoid Scotts Road due to the jam resulting from the fire.

The hotel staff were commended for their professional and helpful response in light of the emergency.

Patrons of the hotel were let back into the reputable building at close to 1pm but many of them had masks on as the smell of the smoke was still lingering. 




Contribute to us at:

Our contact form
Or email us at [email protected]

Most Read

DMCA.com Protection Status