About 22 students from a residential college at the NUS have fallen ill, with symptoms of gastroenteritis, after having food at the accommodation's dining hall. It was understood that the students affected had dined at Ridge View Residential College on Tuesday and Wednesday.

A source also said that majority of those affected ate food from the Malay food counter. The hall, which is run by Chartwells, also had Western and Asian food options. The students affected said they had diarrhoea and had to seek medical treatment. MOH has confirmed in a statement that 22 students were affected, and one of them had to be admitted to hospital, but is now in a stable condition. 

Investigations is being carried out by both the authorities and the NUS, and the kitchens at the college has been closed temporarily as a precautionary measure. 

Contribute to us at:

Our contact form
Or email us at [email protected]

Most Read

DMCA.com Protection Status