An ebike caught fire at the ground floor of a two-storey Geylang shophouse on Wednesday morning, with an infant taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. According to Police, the power assisted bicycle caught fire but was managed to put out by SCDF officers.

But the fire had caused an infant, who was in the second storey unit above suffered from smoke inhalation, and was taken to KK Hospital. It was understood that the second storey unit housed seven people, and all were still asleep when the fire occurred. 

it was also believed that the bike that caught fire had been on the pantry of the shop below the unit, which was a second hand shop dealing with electronics. The shop was yet to open as it was still under renovations.

Contribute to us at:

Our contact form
Or email us at [email protected]

DMCA.com Protection Status