A unit in St Regis Residences located in Tanglin caught fire late on Wednesday night, causing one resident to be hurt, while other residents were evacuated. SCDF said it received reports of a fire there at 11:30pm.

The residents had been safely evacuated by the building management upon SCDF's arrival. SCDF also said that the fire involved contents in a bedroom of a 12th storey unit. The resident who was hurt was living on the same floor as the unit on fire, and the person was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation. Some residents said that the scene was chaotic, with smoke everywhere. As the lifts were grounded because of the fire, the staircase was also crowded with people desperate to get down.

However, some other residents said that the evacuation was done in an orderly manner, and that there were no panic.

Contribute to us at:

Our contact form
Or email us at [email protected]

Most Read

DMCA.com Protection Status